What is Musement
Musement is an online marketplace dedicated to the purchase and sale of tourist packages. They offer attractions and a wide range of activities for every type of tourist, including experiences for leisure, relaxation, groups and individuals.
Like most OTAs (online travel agencies), Musement acts as a social network for travelers. People can share their travel experiences with photographs and testimonials, suggesting one of their own journeys. This is excellent to make a good choice and opt for the perfect trip.
Why sell on Musement
This platform is available in 55 countries, 450 destination cities and has more than 50,000 users. The most requested sites are Italy, France, Germany, and Spain. The main advantage Musement offers to its tour operators is the potential to reach a wider audience.
With an iOS application recognized as one of the best travel apps by Apple in 2016, Musement has given high priority to mobile optimization since its early days. Nowadays, their app is also available on Android. This OTA strives for offering a stress-free experience to both travelers and activity suppliers. What they receive in return is thousands of experiences to offer and a seamless experience that travelers in any stage of the buyer journey can make on-the-go.
- Reach a wider audience: Because Musement is a strong mobile player, there is a new audience segment that tour operators can have access to. With destinations across all cities in the world, around 50 thousand active monthly users book local tours and attractions.
- Booking.com partnership: In 2020, Booking.com announced that Musement were to be their preferred supplier of tours and attractions for the Booking.com platform. Given Booking.com is the largest Hotel and Accommodation booking site in the world, this means that by listing with Musement you could potentially be offered to Booking.com's huge userbase globally.
- Superb customer support: This online travel agency has a 24/7 support schedule in 8 different languages. Travelers can have a conversation with an expert and get help on orders or even activity recommendations. But also suppliers are assigned with a personal account manager ready to assist whenever any issues or questions arise.
- Free product optimization: Musement takes what would be a daunting task for most tour operators and translates your offers. This way, your business can communicate in more than a single language, which will result in a better customer experience that translates in more revenue and market expansion. On top of that, they optimize your content for search engines (SEO) for free.
- Innovative app: Dynamic management platform: Apart from reducing the burden on your customer service team by handling offline communication with customers for you, they offer a stress-free, high-visibility activity management platform. They make booking management to an easy task by letting you focus on uploading tours, updating calendar and block dates, and more.
Things to remember
Musement is a fairly new sales channel as it was founded in 2013. It establishes new models in activity platforms in reservations for travelers, following a scheme that seeks out the scope amongst tourism managers and implements them for them. Let’s check out a few of the things you should know about their way of working:
- Relatively small: Musement could be considered as a small marketplace when compared to big players such as Viator and GetYourGuide. In spite of that, they offer considerable benefits to tour operators as their engaged communities are highly targeted. In fact, it is one of the top online travel agencies in Europe.
- European assets: Founded in Milan in 2013 they aim to allow travelers to experience destinations like authentic locals. This OTA is backed by several European investors as well, and despite its high monthly website traffic and mobile app installs, only 6.22% of its total traffic comes from US-based customers (according to SimilarWeb), so there is room for growth as the main source of traffic remains to be European.
- Commission structure: Commissions can range in between 15% and 25%. The bright side is that they work in your best interest. This smart team knows that if you get more sales, they’ll also end up obtaining more revenue, so it’s a win to win scenario. They also automate reports, allowing suppliers to track sales using simple tools.