What is Klook?
Klook is one of the leading online travel agencies in the world. Having started in 2014, this company is based in Hong Kong and targets the tourist market in East Asia and the Southeast, thus covering Vietnam and Singapore. Nowadays, it provides travelers with more than 40,000 activities all over the world.
With a little over 7 million monthly visits on its website most of their traffic comes from Asia, Taiwan, and Hong Kong. Despite this large number of visitors, Klook mostly stands out in the Asian market. Interestingly enough, Asian millennials are expected to spend US$340 billion on international trips by 2020. Joining this OTA would place your tours and activities among 200 destinations across Asia, Europe, North America, and Oceania.
Why sell on Klook
Klook strives to deliver a simple experience for travelers to quickly discover activities, attractions and things to do wherever they go. By partnering with experts across the globe, this platform has millions of user reviews that speak for the authenticness of their experiences. These are the most important benefits they offer tour operators:
- Local team: Klook has the greatest diversity of culture and professionalism with more than 1000 employees. This team of talented individuals has backgrounds in finance, tech, marketing, publishing and more. They work as a team to constantly reshape the way people experience the destinations they love.
- Mighty partners: Supported by some of the largest investment firms in the world, such as Sequoia, Matrix Partners, Goldman Sachs, and TCV among others. With a big advertising budget thanks to these notable investors, Klook is able to keep up with big players like Viator and GetYourGuide. Surprisingly, they've even rolled out campaigns with taxi companies and billboards across Hong Kong.
- Extensive marketing channels: The high performance of their integrated marketing channels can't go unnoticed. Klook serves massive brands like Disneyland and Universal Studios, and that's already a sign that their marketing team is formidable. Their comprehensive marketing channels include tremendous social media reach and influencer network apart from above-the-line advertising practices.
- Free customized SaaS: The benefits of joining this OTA go beyond reaching a bigger number of travelers. They offer a dependable technology solution for tour operators to enhance operations efficiency. This free-to-use Software as a Service solution is customizable. An alternative to this is Klook's API access.
- Partners mobile app: The intuitive design and strict security measure that ensures that every customer has a seamless and secure booking experience are the same on mobile. But that isn't it, they offer a great mobile app for partners to manage bookings on the go. Anyone on your team can use it as it's available for both Android and iOS.
Things to remember
Klook has partners all over Asia and beyond, shaping a big tourism service platform, and without a doubt, they offer incredible benefits to tour operators across the world. Before you enter their website and join the extensive network of Klook experiences, we have three things you should bear in mind:
- FIT Travelers: Their platform is mostly attractive to FIT Travelers in Mainland China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Korea, Southeast Asia, and more. These types of travelers in particular design their own itineraries and arrange their own travel plans. Simply put, tour operators access solo or couple travelers as well as small intimate groups using Klook.
- Commission fee agreement: To join, tour operators need to fill in a simple contact form. Among the requirements that they have, there's a field for suppliers to describe their activity or activities. After this, you’ll shortly be contacted by one of Klook's local curators. At this point, they'll discuss the listing further and set a commission fee agreements that could range between 15% and 25% (as most of the big marketplaces).
- Big partnerships: With the rapid boom in travel spending among Asian millennials, Klook has kept up by partnering with well-known brands like Disneyland Hong Kong, Universal Studios and Cartoon Network Amazone, to only mention a few. This wouldn't be a big disadvantage as their hefty ad budget and product optimization should put your business in front of the right people.